IS-MPMI is now accepting nominations to recognize an outstanding young investigator for research in the area of molecular plant-microbe interactions.
One award of $1,000 is available and includes a featured presentation
by the awardee at the IS-MPMI XVII Congress, July 17-21, 2016 in Portland, Oregon, USA.
Special thanks to our
industry partner for making
this award possible.
The application process closed on March 9, 2016 at 4:00 p.m. U.S. Central Standard Time
- Nominees must have been in an independent, full-time research position for no more than seven years as of the date of the next IS-MPMI congress (time taken off for child-rearing does not count in this limit and other special circumstances may be evaluated at the discretion of the committee).
- The research forming the basis of the nomination must have occurred within the last 6 years
- Typical nominees will be within 10-12 years of receiving their PhDs.
- Student and Post-Docs are not eligible.
- Attendance at the IS-MPMI XVII Congress is required prior to receipt of award funds.
Nominations must be submitted as ONE (1) portable document file (PDF file) saved as the nominee's last name, first name, followed by the name of the award (example: SmithTom_younginvestigatoraward.pdf). Each page in the PDF file should have the name of the nominee included in the page header. Self-nominations are welcome.
Please include the following documents in your PDF file in this order:
- A short summary (250-500 words) stating the basis for the nomination. Must not include unpublished work.
- CV of nominee - the five most significant publications of the nominee should be indicated with an asterisk, preferably those on which the nominee is corresponding author or first author.
Nominations should be sent by email to IS-MPMI Staff Member, Cindy Scheller by 4:00 PM U.S. Central Standard Time on 9 March 2016
with subject line "2016 IS-MPMI Young Investigator Award Nomination". SmithTom_younginvest.pdf).
- Recipient will receive $1,000 award from IS-MPMI
- Recipient will present a featured talk at the IS-MPMI XVII Congress, July 17-21, 2016 in Portland, Oregon, USA
Notification of Submission
Upon submission of the nomination, an e-mail confirmation will be sent within two (2) business days. Please save a copy for your records.
The award jury will review all nominations received by the deadline and all submitters will be notified by early April of the award results.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process or did not receive a confirmation of submission, please contact Cindy Scheller, IS-MPMI Headquarters at +1.651.994.3808 or firstname.lastname@example.org