Abstract Submission is now open for the September and December eSymposia events.
Submission will close August 3, 2021.
Submit Your Abstract
All submitted abstracts will be accepted unless deemed inappropriate and the author will be notified if that is the case.
Important: review all guidelines and form information before beginning your submission.You will need to login with your IS-MPMI username and password
Upon beginning an abstract submission, you will receive an email with a link to access your submission. You may use this link to access/edit/complete your submission at any time before the submission deadline.
Abstract Submission Fee: $45 USD per abstract submitted*
*Upon abstract acceptance, you will receive a $10 discount code to be used towards your registration fee
- Payment by credit card via the form; if you wish to pay via wire transfer, complete your submission through the Abstract Payment page and then email
email@example.com indicating you wish to pay by wire transfer.
- The abstract submission fee will be waived for those submitters who are from
Countries with Developing Economies. To request your waiver, please begin your abstract submission. Once you reach the payment step, contact
All abstract presenters will present their abstracts virtually via ePosters.
ePoster Presentation Date: You will have the ability to select the eSymposia category that best fits your research. Each category corresponds to specific eSymposia dates. There is also the option to have the Program Team place your abstract in a category. After the Program Team completes the review of abstracts, we will contact you with the date and time your ePoster has been assigned.
Important Considerations Before You Submit an Abstract
- Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. IS-MPMI will not edit abstract submissions; they will be published as submitted.
- Prior to submission, abstracts must be reviewed by two non-authors.
- The designated presenting author must be registered for the IS-MPMI eSymposia during which they will present. The registration deadline and date of presentation will be provided with abstract acceptance letters in June 2021. Failure to register will result in your abstract being withdrawn from the meeting.
- Abstracts should be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
- Publication of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the eSymposia by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
- Abstracts must report results of original research or other activity of significant merit.
- Abstracts must include the following elements: justification, objectives, methods, results, and significance of the research to the science of molecular plant-microbe interactions.
- Abstracts must not be simply a review or progress report but contain useful and new information. Abstracts must not include references or footnotes.
- Abstracts must be in final form with no grammatical, typographical, or factual errors.
- No abstract that has been presented or is intended to be presented at another meeting shall be submitted for consideration.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract to IS-MPMI for 2021 Congress eSymposia Series, submitters agree to the following terms & conditions:
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at the assigned eSymposia, and will register and pay the registration fee by the required deadline. I understand that failure to complete the above terms will result in the withdrawal of my abstract from the meeting program.
Non-US Government Submitters:
I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to The International Society for Molecular Plant-Microbe Interactions (IS-MPMI). Abstracts will be posted online in June 2021. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
US Government Submitters
I hereby confirm that the abstract submitted, having been created by an employee or agency of the U.S. government or for some other reason, is not eligible for copyright transfer to IS-MPMI, is in the public domain, and as such may be reproduced freely. I acknowledge that IS-MPMI is relying on this statement in determining that the work is copyright free.
Canadian Government Submitters
If your work is protected by “© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada,” please add that copyright statement at the end of your abstract
I understand that failure to accept the applicable copyright transfer or public domain notice will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.
Submission Form Instructions
- 200 characters maximum including spaces
- Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns
- Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in title
- Symbols (Greek, math, etc.) must be spelled out, e.g., Beta
The Abstract Initiation confirmation will be sent to this email address
Categories & Subcategories
Select the topic categories that best fit your research
- Apoplastic interactions
- Cell biology of host-microbe interactionsChemical biology of host-pathogen interactions
- Effector biology
- Effector-triggered immunity (ETI)
- Long distance immune signaling
- Microbial manipulation of the host
- Molecular recognition in plant immunity
- NLRs, CLRs, and TLRs, oh my!
- Post-translational modifications impacting immune signaling
- Programmed cell death
- PRR-triggered immunity (PTI)
- Role of extracellular vesicles in intercellular and interkingdom communication
- Role of organelles and inter-organellular communication in plant immunity
- Interactions between PTI and ETI
- Recognition of microbes
- Structure and activation of resistance proteins
- Surface and intracellular immunity receptors
- I am unsure of the best category fit, please select for me. I prefer to present during the dates of July 12 and 13.
- 1001 genomes
- 2-speed genome
- Accessory chromosomes
- Climate change and adaptation
- Gene Editing
- Effector biology
- Experimental evolution
- Gene stacking
- Genome evolution
- Genome plasticity
- Genome-wide association mapping
- Molecular contacts at the interface of host-pathogen co-evolution
- Pathogen epidemiology
- Pathogen evolution of novel virulence activities
- Plant evolution of novel resistance activities
- Population biology, ecology and genomics
- Population Genetics
- Quantitative resistance
- Seed banks
- Wild germplasm
- Durable disease resistance
- Susceptibility genes
- Genetic diversity, structural variation
- Synthetic disease resistance
- I am unsure of the best category fit, please select for me. I prefer to present during the dates of September 15 and 16.
- Comparative mutualist and pathogen studies
- Disease triangle
- Environmental impacts on microbial communities and plant colonization
- Hormone crosstalk
- Host-microbe co-evolution
- Leaf mic
- Microbe-microbe interactions
- Microbe-plant interactions
- Nutrient release
- Pathogen populations on weeds
- Plant growth promotion
- Population biology, ecology and genomics
- Root microbiome
- Suppressive soil
- Symbiosis and mutualism
- I am unsure of the best category fit, please select for me. I prefer to present during the dates of December 1 and 2.
I am unsure of the best category fit, please select for me. I am open to presenting during any of the eSymposia dates.
Note that each category equates to the theme of each eSymposia with specific dates. The sub-category is a more specific topic to identify your research within the eSymposia topic.
Participant Information — Add Authors
- Click on Add new person and type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the Search field. If the author is in the database, select their name. If multiple names display, select the record that displays the most recent known email address.
- After selecting the author, click “Edit Selected Person” to confirm contact details.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then click on “Add New Person.” Continue to complete all required (*) fields, and Save.
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author*, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered
*The presenting author email is used for all future communications and should be the same email used for registration.
The abstract submission fee is $45 USD. It is non-refundable and payable by credit card or wire transfer.
- The abstract must be in one paragraph.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Character limit is 1,500 characters including spaces
Upon clicking to the Confirmation step, your abstract will be Confirmed submission. Please review all details, and edit if needed.
Email IS-MPMI Headquarters a