Travel Award recipient notices have been sent out.
Poster Submission: Open now through April 4!
Submit Your Poster
If you submitted an abstract before March 1, there is no need to submit again for the same abstract. Acceptance notices will be sent out before April 1, 2023.
Important Considerations Before You Submit an Abstract
- Edit and proof your abstract before submitting. IS-MPMI will not edit abstract submissions; they will be published as submitted.
- Abstracts are to be considered for a POSTER presentation.
- All submitted abstracts will then be reviewed to be considered for an oral presentation or a “flash talk” poster presentation. Notifications regarding acceptance will be sent in early spring 2023 if the abstract is selected for an oral or flash talk.
- The designated presenting author
MUST be registered for the 2023 XIX Congress. Failure to register will result in your abstract being withdrawn from the meeting.
- Abstracts should be proofed to make sure all authors and affiliations were accepted to the online form.
- Publication of tables, charts, and graphs projected onto screens or posted at the congress by anyone other than an author or presenter is prohibited unless a release has been requested and received in writing from an author or presenter.
1. Abstract Title
- 200 characters maximum
- Capitalize only the first letter of the first word and any proper nouns
- Registered names and trademarks are not permitted in title
- Symbols (Greek, math, etc.) must be spelled out, e.g., Beta
2. Submitter Email
The links to access the abstract submission will be sent to this email address
3. Flash Talk
- A Flash Talk is a 3 minute oral presentation of your poster. If selected, more information will be provided in Spring 2023.
6. Add Authors
- Select up to three (3) keywords that best apply to your abstract
- Type the name of the abstract author (presenting author and/or co-author) in the box. If the person is found in the IS-MPMI database, their name and partial email address will be displayed. If the author is found, select their name.
- If the author is not found in the database, select “Can’t find the person you’re looking for?” and then “Add New Person.”
- The first person added will be designated as the Presenting Author, but this role can be changed after multiple authors have been entered.
7.Edit Selected Person/Add New Person
- Enter the required fields for the author
- Those individuals designated as a “Presenting Author” will be asked to complete the optional Participant Survey
- Communications regarding the abstract will be sent only to the "Presenting Author"
8. Abstract Payment
- Abstract Submission Fee - $35 USD per abstract submitted (non-refundable, payable online by credit card)
The abstract submission fee will be waived for those submitters who are from Countries with Developing Economies. To request your waiver, please begin your abstract submission. Once you reach the payment step, contact IS-MPMI Headquarters.
9. Abstract Text
- The abstract must be in one paragraph.
- DO NOT INCLUDE the title, author name(s), or author affiliations in the abstract text field.
- Use the abstract toolbar to add formatting (italics, superscripts, or subscripts)
- Character limit is 1500 characters including spaces.
Terms and Conditions
By submitting an abstract to IS-MPMI for the 2023 Congress, submitters agree to the following terms & conditions:
If the abstract is accepted, I agree that the designated presenting author will present the abstract at the 2023 IS-MPMI XIX Congress, July 16-20, 2023 in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S.A., and will register and pay the registration fee. I understand that failure to complete the above terms will result in the cancellation of my abstract submission.
I confirm that this is an original work and that the abstract has not been previously published. I and any contributing authors, as sole proprietors of the abstract, agree to transfer copyright of the abstract to the IS-MPMI. Abstracts will be published in a supplement to
MPMI Journal after the Congress takes place. By agreeing, I accept this copyright transfer.
I understand that failure to accept the copyright transfer will result in the immediate cancellation of my abstract submission.