Call for President-Elect Candidates
The IS-MPMI Election Committee is accepting nominations for President-Elect to join the IS-MPMI Board of Directors. This is a six-year term (2 years as president-elect, 2 years as president, and 2 years as immediate past president). Board member responsibilities include participating in monthly board video conferences including congress meeting planning, fundraising, and communications to the membership. Board members also partner in new initiatives to support and cultivate diversity and inclusion within our IS-MPMI community.
- Thinks strategically and analytically and effectively communicates thoughts and reasoning.
- Widely respected by stakeholders in the field of Molecular Plant-Microbe Biology.
- Works well with others in group decision-making.
- Professional, trustworthy, and ethical.
- Familiar with the scientific breadth and frontiers as well as the community of stakeholders in the field of Molecular Plant Microbe Interactions.
How to Nominate
President-elect candidates must be current IS-MPMI members in good standing. Members who have previous leadership experience or have served on the IS-MPMI Board of Directors are encouraged to submit a nomination.
Complete the online form and include a self-written vision statement that articulates the following:
- Your motivation for serving on the Board and your views and priorities for the Society to support the
IS-MPMI Mission and Vision
- Your commitment to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Your region(s) of the world you are representing and the perspectives that you bring to the Board from your lived experience.
Nominations are accepted through December 18, 2023.